9.9.23

Review: The Year They Called Off the World Series: A True Story

The Year They Called Off the World Series: A True StoryThe Year They Called Off the World Series: A True Story by Benton Stark
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well, kinda. The World Series then wasn't like it is now, it wasn't established yet. And a few baseball men decided to not have the series for, to them, good reasons, generally concerning finances and historic team legacy, and also generally to punish the renegade league and top team. Not all that well written - a little long in parts, but an interesting story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...