25.12.22

Review: Battle Cry: Waging and Winning the War Within

Battle Cry: Waging and Winning the War WithinBattle Cry: Waging and Winning the War Within by Jason Wilson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

“Battle Cry” provides living-your-life advice to men, given plentiful stories of the author’s life and scripture. I found the author’s perspective to be the draw here, as he talks about growing up and living in the mean streets of Detroit, being a janitor in a school, running a martial arts school and learning martial arts, and being a non-profit founder. And he provides learning anecdotes from his family life, without sugar coating the bad. His advice is simple and not all that surprising. I felt the author leaned on scripture quotes a bit too often, given his life story seemed so interesting. Overall, “Battle Cry” had flashes of interesting stories, but felt a bit generic in the bible-based life advice provided.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...