20.10.22

Review: The Ice Age: A Very Short Introduction

The Ice Age: A Very Short IntroductionThe Ice Age: A Very Short Introduction by Jamie Woodward
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Unexpectedly (because I didn’t read any reviews prior to starting this book), the main topic here isn’t the actual ice age, but the history of thought behind the ice age. And as a history of a specific scientific advancement, I really enjoyed the story. It has great bearing on today’s big scientific headlines, COVID vaccine research and, more directly related, climate change. A story of persuasion over decades.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...