1.5.22

Review: Stargazer

Stargazer (Leaphorn & Chee, #24)Stargazer by Anne Hillerman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another in the Hillerman family enterprise of Navajo nation mysteries. Daughter Anne Hillerman has taken the lead characters from her father’s time and transformed them to side characters to her detective Manuelito. I haven’t found the stories gripping, but have found them mostly entertaining. This one had some of the Navajo character and feel that was prevalent in most of her father’s books, but to a lesser extent. This could almost have been an episode in many other modern mysteries taking place in very different areas. Also noticeable in this story is that Manuelito seems to act in an out-of-character manner, more whiney and oblivious than other books. Good for a quick entertainment.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...