24.12.21

Review: Ignore the Hype: Financial Strategies Beyond the Media-Driven Mayhem

Ignore the Hype: Financial Strategies Beyond the Media-Driven MayhemIgnore the Hype: Financial Strategies Beyond the Media-Driven Mayhem by Brian Perry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Very similar to other personal finance/investing books on the market, and I’ve read quite a few. I enjoyed the voice of the author here, like he was trying to be a friendly help in getting your financial house in order. I also liked the way he divided up topics, and that he included a section on the foibles of human decision-making, as well as a section on taxes and not putting all your “eggs” in the tax-deferred basket. That decision-making section also took down the financial commentary media, which you don't see authors do often, as it limits the opportunities to pitch your book. Brave, and nicely done.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...