28.9.21

Review: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Once Upon a Time in HollywoodOnce Upon a Time in Hollywood by Quentin Tarantino
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I haven’t yet gotten around to seeing the movie, so I took on this audiobook without much of an idea of what I was getting into. What I found was a well narrated book, with plenty of Hollywood trivia and casual name dropping, along with a series of scenes that fit together well, but didn’t seem to follow a plot, perhaps because of all the flashbacks. And I find, a few weeks after finishing the audiobook, that I can’t for the life of me remember the ending, which implies to me a fade to black. But it was fun to listen to. It reminded me of all those stories that celebrity guests would tell Johnny Carson, but with more detail, which made these characters seem more real than those real celebrities. I’d love to hear another by Mr. Tarantino.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...