5.2.21

Review: Ready Player Two

Ready Player Two (Ready Player One, #2)Ready Player Two by Ernest Cline
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I loved the first book by Cline, and was hoping for more of the same. I read this without looking at the reviews, but I finally did peek right before writing this review. I peeked because I was greatly underwhelmed with this story. I think it was because so much of it didn't seem to make sense, and didn't seem to make the most of 80s pop culture in the quests Wade and friends had to deal with. I identified with all the trivial pursuits in the first book, but here either the actions were just odd or the topics were off. I was disappointed with the book, but I presumed it was my own take. I was surprised that there are so many not-so-great reviews, and I was even more surprised that I agree with them. Perhaps this idea only works once.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...