26.2.21

Review: The End of Procrastination: How to Stop Postponing and Live a Fulfilled Life

The End of Procrastination: How to Stop Postponing and Live a Fulfilled LifeThe End of Procrastination: How to Stop Postponing and Live a Fulfilled Life by Petr Ludwig
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I picked up this audiobook because it is about a topic I’ve read and thought a lot about, procrastination. I found the contents to be similar to many of the others that I’ve read, although I’d give this one higher marks for tying in research in the area. I found the voice of the author comforting, more like, say Malcolm Gladwell than a self-help book at times. I didn’t find this book as useful as many of the other reviewers. I believe this is because I listened to the audio instead of reading the book. I gather from many other reviews, as well as a perusal of Amazon’s “Look Inside” of this book, that there are many graphic elements in the book, like tables and illustrations, that were not described in the audio, as far as I can remember. While not dealing with those graphics made the audiobook quite short, which is often a good thing, I feel I may have missed out on the best aspect of the book. Good for a self-help book for dealing with procrastination and related mental issues, but probably better in a written format instead of audio.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...