16.2.21

Review: Ayn Rand for Beginners

Ayn Rand for BeginnersAyn Rand for Beginners by Andrew Bernstein
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was surprised and disappointed that this book, which I took to be illustrated similar to a graphic novel, was instead illustrated on every other page or so with what I would describe in most cases as clip art. I think the authors missed an opportunity to expand on the verbiage with additional information in the graphics. Otherwise, this was an interesting summary, mostly of Rand’s two biggest novels. Having just watched the movie version of both, I found the descriptions did add to what you could gleam from watching the movies. The book also lays out the basic concepts discussed by Rand in these and other writings. Overall, I found this a quick, though not always easy to read, overview of Rand’s ideas and a summary of her two major novels. Illustrations were unnecessary.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...