16.7.20

Review: The Smell of the Night

The Smell of the NightThe Smell of the Night by Andrea Camilleri
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another enjoyable Camilleri mystery. This one touches all the personal plot points from earlier books, such as the girlfriend, the nearly adopted son, the food,… We also find Montalbano, angry at the loss of a favorite olive tree, committing some serious vandalism to a house being built (including some strangely out of place and not further mentioned Disney statuary). Nice to see again that he’s human. The audio has the various policemen narrated in comic, “New Yark” accents that work better in cartoons. The extra “comic relief” the voices provided were not appreciated by me. I think the story stands well without the 40s movie wise guy talk.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...