16.5.20

Review: On Nineteen Eighty-Four: The Story of George Orwell’s Masterpiece

On Nineteen Eighty-Four: The Story of George Orwell’s Masterpiece On Nineteen Eighty-Four: The Story of George Orwell’s Masterpiece by D.J. Taylor
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The story of a book like 1984 begins with the story of its author. “On 1984” describes the life of Orwell, from birth to death, including many of the events that shaped his thoughts and writing. Orwell’s biography fills at least a half of this book. The remainder covers some analysis of the book and a history of the book, subsequent films and other media, and its impact on society. I found the author biography to be most interesting, to learn of Orwell’s previous writings and his time in Spain.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...