5.4.20

Review: Napkin Notes: Make Lunch Meaningful, Life Will Follow

Napkin Notes: Make Lunch Meaningful, Life Will FollowNapkin Notes: Make Lunch Meaningful, Life Will Follow by Garth Callaghan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I expected a touching story of how the author wrote notes to his daughter and put them in her lunch for a number of years. The unexpected part was the author's own story of dealing with multiple cancer diagnoses over the years, providing him with an incentive to follow through with his plan to write these notes and to make lunch for his daughter, and to ensure he readied enough notes to cover the daughter for her years through high school graduation. The author tells this story, and the story of the fame that napkin notes brought him, as well as provides some suggestions for writing your own notes for your own loved ones. Nice. I listened to the audio version of this book. The author reads most of it, but the author's daughter reads a few sections as well. She did a fine job, but the parts she read were written by her father referencing himself, and it came across as a bit confusing when you first realize that when she says "I" she means her dad.

View all my reviews

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...