18.12.19

Review: Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know about the People We Don't Know

Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know about the People We Don't Know Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know about the People We Don't Know by Malcolm Gladwell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As always, Gladwell writes an interesting book, with well-told stories and mouth-watering simple and novel comparisons. In this book, though, it felt like Gladwell was aiming at a big and nebulous concept – misunderstanding. The stories that provided examples were hard to string together to build a cohesive “unified field theory” of misunderstanding. Overall, of interest, but not as thought-changing as other of Gladwell’s books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...