5.11.19

Review: The Crusades

The Crusades The Crusades by Abigail Archer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Very short take on a few centuries of religious warfare. The book covers the largest battles, sieges, negotiations, political intrigue, and other events in the Holy Lands, but also covers the European home front and the political intrigue happening there. While short, there was no shortage of royalty, religious, and military leaders mentioned, and I was confused a few times. There was a good mix of narrative that helped to make this readable and enjoyable. I listened to the audio version. I suspect the paper book would have been more enjoyable here given other reviewers mentions of pictures, and given my difficulty tracking the principals.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...