22.11.19

Review: An American Gospel: On Family, History, and the Kingdom of God

An American Gospel: On Family, History, and the Kingdom of God An American Gospel: On Family, History, and the Kingdom of God by Erik Reece
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When I saw the title of this one, I thought it sounded like it might be one of those reads that was transcendent, that could cause me to think about things in a different way. The reviews seemed generally positive. I listened to the audio production of the book. I found the narrative meandering, but interesting in the author’s use of literature to illustrate his thoughts on his family history and on the meaning of nature. I will remember the descriptions of specific books, mainly Walt Whitman’s, and their impact on society and on the author, but I probably won’t remember his personal backstory and his conclusions. A well written and interesting read nonetheless.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...