14.10.19

Review: Last Flag Flying

Last Flag Flying Last Flag Flying by Darryl Ponicsan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read Ponicsan’s earlier book, “The Last Detail”, a few years ago, but I can’t say I recalled the details. This is the sequel to that book, taking place a few decades down the road. Prior to reading this, I read some of the reviews, many of which complained about the re-animating of one of the characters killed in the first book. It was handled, albeit clumsily, but in a way that helped explain the characters’ history, and it didn’t impact the story line beyond the first few mentions. I enjoyed this book of aging veterans on a road trip, rethinking their place in the world, and rethinking how being veterans has changed their lives. And they also reflect at length about the events in the first book, how that detail changed each of their lives. An interesting read – now to see the movie.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...