18.9.19

Review: The Return of the Dancing Master

The Return of the Dancing Master The Return of the Dancing Master by Henning Mankell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Having finished the Kurt Wallander series a few months back, I was hankering for a depressed (and depressing) detective with health issues and bad personal habits working on a gruesome case. And Mankell provides. This was much like a Wallander story, except our detective is a little more sick and more whiney. And, as in a few of the Wallander stories, there is a lecture, in this case about how neo-Nazis are bad. Mankell rarely misses an opportunity to lecture his readers on the world’s ills. I found the plot somewhat fun, but somewhat a confusing mess. But I do enjoy the characters Mankell writes. They grow on you throughout the book as they get fleshed out. OK as a standalone mystery.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...