23.9.19

Review: No More Work: Why Full Employment Is a Bad Idea

No More Work: Why Full Employment Is a Bad Idea No More Work: Why Full Employment Is a Bad Idea by James Livingston
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I listened to this on audio. What was memorable to me wasn’t the subject matter, but instead was the voice of the author. This was another of those political books that made sure to trash the policies of the Bush administration. I sometimes wonder if authors chose first to trash a particular administration’s policies before they chose what topic they will write about. I wondered here. Beyond the author’s politics, the author also features his snarky humor, and I enjoyed this when not coupled with the politics. As for the topic, yup, we’re getting more efficient, so that on whole the goal of “full” employment seems excessive and unattainable. This book points out the issues, and although it is a bit confusing, it’s also quite short. I hate to say it, but I'd read more like this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...