25.8.19

Review: Code Name: Lise

Code Name: Lise Code Name: Lise by Larry Loftis
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

A real-life spy story that includes the details and the failures as much as the adventure. In fact, if you look at how the story goes, (view spoiler)

The writing reminded me of the youth non-fiction books I would read from the elementary school library, a simple style. The author ended each chapter with a kind of “perils of Pauline” cliff hanger statement. I was hoping for something more refined. Overall, an interesting story, though not what I was expecting, and written in too simple a style. Perhaps this would have been better broken up into 3 books: a love story, a spycraft story, and a separate story of the imprisonment.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...