13.8.19

Review: Chances Are. . .

Chances Are. . . Chances Are. . . by Richard Russo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another Russo book, and after a long stretch without, I feel like I’m reading a book written by and for a grown up. I really enjoy the way Russo writes, and what struck me here was Russo drilling into the thoughts of the main characters. It’s almost like time slows down so that Russo can relate those inner thoughts which feel a lot like my own inner thoughts – often questioning my own actions and motives after the fact. I found these characters quite relatable. Russo plays around with time in this one with the story told in part in flashback to various times and characters, so that you really feel the passage of time and its impact on the players. I also enjoyed the story, and the slight twist at the end left this one with hope. I look forward to the next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...