12.6.19

Review: When You Are Engulfed in Flames

When You Are Engulfed in Flames When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I found myself laughing quite a lot while listening to this audiobook. I also found myself saying “gross” a lot, too. Sedaris has a tendency to slip into what I’d consider adult-level gross-out humor, usually dragging out the story when he knows the listener will be most squeamish. Think “lancing boils” here. He seems to tell more stories about his rebel, drug-using, younger years here than in his other books I’ve listened to, and they tend to the quite humorous. I found this one of his better collections of stories.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...