24.5.19

Review: Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth

Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth by T. Harv Eker
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This starts off with some promise – suggesting your mental attitude toward money was set at an early age based on your parents/care givers. The author suggests that thinking about your relationship with money through this lens will allow you to see any harm being done and to modify your thoughts. (Shades of “Rich Dad Poor Dad”) And then he goes into affirmation mode – suggesting at the end of every chapter to repeat some money mantra and to “touch your head with your index finger”. All I can picture is a finger gun, so that isn’t going to work for me. The author uses the book to repeatedly sell his seminars, while also talking up multi-level marketing schemes. All the while adding new affirmations. While I like the idea of considering how your upbringing may have set your perspective on money and wealth, I believe there are plenty of other books that include that topic with additional topics of value that don’t have the commercial content that this one has.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...