13.5.19

Review: Point Omega

Point Omega Point Omega by Don DeLillo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I found this oddly comforting, in that the characters all seem so familiar. A failed filmmaker, full of what are likely lousy but arty ideas, attempts to convince a military consultant to star in his art film. His convincing evolves into becoming a live-in helper, and kind of a part of the family. The plot does drag on, although it is a short book. The story peters out at the end, collapsing with a disappearance and a breakdown, and none of the ideas so well described and obsessed over come to fruition. And maybe that’s the point.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...