3.1.19

Review: Superhubs: How the Financial Elite and their Networks Rule Our World

Superhubs: How the Financial Elite and their Networks Rule Our World Superhubs: How the Financial Elite and their Networks Rule Our World by Sandra Navidi
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Lifestyles of the financial rich and famous. Eye opening, but in that kind of way. You get behind the scenes descriptions of top financial meetings like Davos and Bilderberg. Item that stuck in my head (since I was listening to this audiobook while on a treadmill): top financiers must be very fit to attract others into their “super-hub” of relationships. I found more of the writing focused on the celebrity, and much less on the academics of networks than I would have expected. This is much more readable because of this. I’d consider it an example of “pop international finance” in that you learn a bit about how top financial executives work while also learning about how their social lives work. In that Robin Leach kind of way, this has some fascinating content.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...