9.1.19

Review: The Organized Home: Simple, Stylish Storage Ideas for All Over the House

The Organized Home: Simple, Stylish Storage Ideas for All Over the House The Organized Home: Simple, Stylish Storage Ideas for All Over the House by Julie Carlson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Many pretty pictures, but of parts of houses where there are few possessions. I liked the listing of storage containers and products at the end, although I'm not sure a bag of rubber bands, with artsy photo, was something I couldn't figure out on my own. (I've used rubber bands since way back. Call me a rebel.) There were a number of ideas here that were new to me, like decanting your liquid laundry detergent into a Pottery Barn-esque olive oil container. This was obviously written before the advent of Tide Pods and their not-so-obvious confusion as edibles. Another idea was to use trays, like a nice porcelain tray, on a countertop or dresser to demark where to put things with a commonality, like stuff from your pockets, or measuring devices. This also seemed to cause more work (more stuff to dust), and with doubtful practical benefit. But I agree, it did look pretty and minimalist, with little else on the counter. Interesting for that kind of view, and good if you are looking for a stylish product to store things. Or rubber bands.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...