9.12.18

Review: To Sir, With Love

To Sir, With Love To Sir, With Love by E.R. Braithwaite
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If you’ve seen the movie, you know the story. The movie was pretty close to the book, really only adding Lulu and her great song, and downplaying the author’s romance with another teacher. I hadn’t seen the movie in a couple of decades, so I found the details of the book brought to mind many scenes. I really enjoyed this – it is a very good story on dealing with prejudice. I wish there was more to it, especially about Braithwaite and teaching. I wanted to read more about how Braithwaite learned to be a teacher, and about how he learned on the job. Here, this goes from bad to good with one anecdote.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...