17.12.18

Review: Halftime: Moving from Success to Significance

Halftime: Moving from Success to Significance Halftime: Moving from Success to Significance by Bob Buford
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A good life planning book. I found the thoughts interesting, but really the advice offered was focused on those that have been “successful” in their existing careers but felt that there was something more to do to have lived a complete life. As I consider myself a partial success, perhaps with schlub-ish tendencies, I felt this book spent a lot of time talking over me, to the golden boys that run large businesses. If you can put yourself in the target market’s shoes, you will read some good advice, with plenty of interesting examples of how people have taken a new path for their career when they’ve gotten beyond the value of their first one. The author describes ways to change your career to what you are interested in, as well as ways to support those interests while continuing existing jobs. This is very much a mid-career book – it is not aimed at questions of retirement. I found it of interest, similar to other career books but with a more spiritual/Christian tact, and focused on the winners.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...