24.11.18

Review: When Strangers Meet

When Strangers Meet When Strangers Meet by Kio Stark
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When I was growing up, I realized my Mom’s hobby was to go to the Hardees at the mall, buy a cup of coffee during non-lunch hours, and sit in a booth with a good view of the mall in front of Montgomery Wards, and to watch people. She rarely talked with strangers, though, and I grew up with that as a base. Going away to college I found myself talking to strangers quite often, and I have kept this up ever since. I was happy to see the suggested exercises in this book really starts with my Mom’s people watching, and continues with some things that I have done, and some things I’ve never even thought of doing (like pretending I am lost and asking someone to draw a map). I found these suggestions quite interesting. I liked the anecdotes presented here, and I appreciated the brevity of the book and of the message. I think being open to interactions is important and valuable in many ways. Worth some thought.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...