12.11.18

Review: What Is Your What?: Discover the One Amazing Thing You Were Born to Do

What Is Your What?: Discover the One Amazing Thing You Were Born to Do What Is Your What?: Discover the One Amazing Thing You Were Born to Do by Steve Olsher
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have read so many “find your purpose” books, I wonder why I keep going. But I know. It isn’t reading the book, it’s actually doing the work that, purportedly, help you find your purpose. And I don’t have a good track record at doing this work. So I continue, and I notice the differences in these types of books. This is one that is more of a workbook, with lots of fill-in-the-blank sections to work through. I actually found the exercises to be more thorough than many of the books I’ve read, so this was a good thing, but there are also plenty of blanks to fill in, which all require a lot of reflection. Hence more work.

I liked this book. It was ambitious. It had more steps than I was expecting. Although it was set up as a workbook, it’s hard cover – you don’t see that combination often. The font was a size smaller than I expected, and the text covered more of the page than I’m used to, with smaller margins. It felt like the author had a lot to say and wanted to maximize that paper. I wish he had used higher quality paper, though, instead of the typical disposable workbook paper that yellows quickly. Nevertheless, I found the design of the book was interesting and lead to me liking it more that I otherwise would have expected.

Overall, I found this one of the more interesting examples of the “find your purpose” genre.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...