12.10.18

Review: Information and Society

Information and Society Information and Society by Michael Keeble Buckland
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The title is expansive, but I found the text to be modest in its target. I was expecting a kind of primer on metadata, with broad implications. Instead, I found this more tied to how to use metadata to help people find related documents. I had also expected to read about technical innovation in metadata or tagging, but this didn’t go there. I work in software sales for tools that help categorize and find documents and looked to this book to provide some concepts that I could use to explain our software features, but this didn't really meet this need. OK as a guide for librarians and interesting for index creators, but quite academic.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...