24.10.18

Review: Freemasonry: A Very Short Introduction

Freemasonry: A Very Short Introduction Freemasonry: A Very Short Introduction by Andreas Önnerfors
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As one who has enjoyed many fiction books that include secret societies including the Freemasons, I thought this book would provide me with new and interesting background on these societies. While I learned a lot about the Masons, much was as expected. The book explains this by pointing out that the Freemasons have been of interest to people for centuries, and books have been written about them for centuries. In addition, items from this “secret society”, including books and furniture, have been made available to the public over the years, further reducing the secrets of the society. I was very surprised as this book was describing the most recent major changes to the Freemasons and many of those occurred in the 17th century. I was also surprised in that this book included sections focusing on women membership in the Freemasons, which I had not realized was allowed in the distant past. The book overall focused on the organization of the Freemasons as the society spread across the globe. It also covered the secrets of the organization, including the protocols and rituals. I found it interesting, and the book was short enough to maintain my interest.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...