21.8.18

Review: New Man Journey: Finding Meaning in Retirement

New Man Journey: Finding Meaning in Retirement New Man Journey: Finding Meaning in Retirement by Steve Silver
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

If you are looking for a book describing becoming saved as a Christian, this is one. The descriptions are apt for any one at any time, though. The author includes illustrative stories about two couples who find religion after retirement, but the retirement didn’t have all that much to do with the saving. I was expecting more on the retirement aspects of life change, but I found this was more general. I found this similar to other books I’ve come across regarding taking religion more seriously. The author told the story in a voice and style much like you would hear in a sermon. Not what I was looking for, but might be for the right reader.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...