2.8.18

Review: A Gift to My Children: A Father's Lessons for Life and Investing

A Gift to My Children: A Father's Lessons for Life and Investing A Gift to My Children: A Father's Lessons for Life and Investing by Jim Rogers
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The famous investor wrote this book to share his life advice with his young daughter. There is another review on Goodreads that outlines Rogers’ advice, and that is a large majority of what he has written. What isn’t on that list but is in the book?
- Rogers’ repeated commentary relating his infatuation with China.
- Some stories about his upbringing that are interesting in a homespun way.
- More love of China.
I would love to see what Rogers would have written now, 11 years after the initial publication, after having lived in China. I wonder if the infatuation is still there, and if the investing advice to his daughter, high on China and Brazil, continues or has been modified. The investing advice in particular seemed of its time.

Overall, enjoyable for the guidance given to Rogers’ daughter, with anecdotes as well as investing advice mixed in with the life advice.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...