18.6.18

Review: 10-lb. Penalty

10-lb. Penalty 10-lb. Penalty by Dick Francis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another enjoyable Dick Francis story. Here, in addition to learning about horse ownership and amateur jockeying, readers learn about the election process for MPs in England in the 70s. This is the first really political story from Francis that I’ve read, and I liked the description of local campaigning and rising political fortune, including some descriptions of 10 Downing Street written by someone who must have visited. (view spoiler) A fun read, especially if you are interested in “retail politics” in England a half a century back. And occasional digressions into steeplechase.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...