2.5.18

Review: Why Not Me?

Why Not Me? Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

An interesting voice, but I found this a bit forgettable. I haven’t actually watched any of the series Kaling is in, so I can’t tell if her real life persona is close to the characters she plays on TV. Given what I read here, I suspect she is quite like her characters. She seems down to earth, admitting to eating at McDonalds and liking it. My favorite bit was an epistolary chapter, told in email, of a teacher throwing a party. I think this was the only “fiction” part of the book, and I found it interesting and worthy of expansion into its own story. I could be convinced to read future Kaling books as a diversion from more serious stuff, but at this point I won’t go out of my way. My review of her first book fits well here – it’s a bonbon of a book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...